Friday, March 19, 2010

Q & A with Prince of Swine Lead Actress Nell Ruttledge

Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself, your background, highlights of your career so far, how you got into this crazy business, and how you became involved with Prince of Swine.

NR: I had been acting in theater my whole life but I had never been in a feature length film before. I knew that playing the lead in a film was going to be quite an interesting challenge. I was cast in Prince of Swine my first year in Los Angeles.

Q: In your own words, what is Prince of Swine about?

NR: Oh, many things. I think mainly about a trial that helps Julie and Witt find the good in each other.

Q: Tell me about your role in the movie.

NR: Julie is a character with a hard past and a good heart. She isn’t afraid to take on a difficult case if it’s for a cause she believes in. The anger she has inside of her keeps her from truly connecting with the people around her.

Q: Were there any interesting obstacles or/and creative quick thinking on the movie?

NR: Obstacles are inevitable on any movie. They’re part of the fun. The biggest obstacle for me on this film was that I was completely inexperienced.

Q: Did you learn anything about yourself or others from the experience?

NR: I was straight out of a liberal arts college where artistic exploration was infused with trust and collaboration. I learned a lot about working in film in Hollywood and that it’s a bit different.

Q: Are you a feminist?

NR: Yes.

Q: Is it men or women who rule Hollywood?

NR: Men still have much more creative power and freedom in Hollywood than women. But it’s changing.

Q: Do you believe in the battle of the sexes?

NR: Not as an inherent part of life.




See Nell in Prince of Swine at the Laemmle Sunset 5 in West Hollywood on the Sunset Strip at Crescent Heights, Memorial Day Weekend, for a limited engagement, May 28th to June 3rd.

Get tickets for Prince of Swine online at the Laemmle Sunset 5 or the Prince of Swine website http://www.princeofswine.com/ (discounts available for advance and group purchasers).

Join the Prince of Swine revolution on Twitter and Facebook.

Visit Prince of Swine at http//www.princeofswine.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment