Friday, March 19, 2010

Q & A with Actor John Klemantaski; Prince of Swine's Jerry Farber

Q: Tell me a little bit about yourself, your background, highlights of your career so far, how you got into this crazy business, and how you became involved with Prince of Swine.

JK: I guess my bio (http://www.johnklemantaski.com/) will tell you about where I came from and how I came to Hollywood. As far as how I got involved with Prince of Swine, I met Mark Toma at a party given by a girl we were sharing. I’d picked up some (age deleted at the request of Mr Klemantaski’s attorneys) year old but the police turned up and busted the whole thing and Mark and I had to leave by the fire escape. I think he thought that qualified me for the role. He was probably right.

Q: Tell me about your role (cast or crew) in the movie.

JK: Mark made me sign a NDA when he offered me the role. To be honest, I’m not sure what he’s so worried about. Of course I wouldn’t mention anything that might land him in court but obviously he doesn’t trust me so I really can’t answer that question.

Q: In your own words, what is the film about?

JK: Isn’t it obvious? Prince of Swine is a parable about the way that ordinary people will do anything to bring great creative talents down to ther own pathetic level to make some sense of their petty, meaningless lives. Happily, Jerry has the last laugh.

Q: What was it like working on a low budget film, like Prince of Swine?

JK: No trailer, no drugs or alcohol, had to hire my own PA to get any sex. What do you think it was like?

Q: Where there any interesting obstacles or/and creative quick thinking on the set?

JK: Certainly not.

Q: Did you learn anything about yourself or others from the experience?

JK: Yes.

Q: What was your favorite moment working on the film?

JK: The blowjob I got from the replacement assistant makeup girl.

Q: Are you a feminist?

JK: Yes. And the assistant makeup girl was a feminist too. That's what convinced me to join.

Q: Is it men or women who rule Hollywood?

JK: Women rule everything, as every Venetian courtesan knew. The smart ones just don’t make a fuss about it.

Q: Do you believe in the battle of the sexes?

JK: That war was lost a long, long time ago.

Q: Is Prince of Swine a movie about men or about women?

JK: Neither. It’s about the alarming degree to which men do not understand women.

Q: How was the casting process?

JK: Horizontal.

Q: How did you work on the arc of your character?

JK: I’ve wanted to be Jerry Farber since I was eight years old so it was pretty easy.



See John in Prince of Swine at the Laemmle Sunset 5 in West Hollywood on the Sunset Strip at Crescent Heights, Memorial Day Weekend, for a limited engagement, May 28th to June 3rd.

Get tickets for Prince of Swine online at the Laemmle Sunset 5 or the Prince of Swine website http://www.princeofswine.com/ (discounts available for advance and group purchasers).

Join the Prince of Swine revolution on Twitter and Facebook.

Visit Prince of Swine at http//www.princeofswine.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment